Bangor, named by Owen Jones after his own native birthplace in Wales, is a southern Sydney suburb situated 28 kilometres from the central business district. Many residents of Bangor choose to commute to work and live in the relaxed environment that embodies Bangor.
The Bangor Bypass makes it easier to get in and out of the suburb. While this suburb is primarily considered a residential district, there is a nice shopping centre on Menai Road that features almost everything the residents of this area need and want. Whatever they can’t find in Bangor, they will find in Menai (a nearby suburb) or in the city.
What’s inside Bangor NSW?
- Billa Road Oval (Billa Road) – A cricket and soccer facility with benches
- Inaburra School (Billa Road) – A co-educational, Christian day school that caters to Kindergarten to Year 12
- Bangor Public School (Menai Road) – The public school in Bangor that accommodates children from Kindergarten to Year 6
- The Bangor Shopping Centre, on Menai Road, is the main shopping district in the suburb. The shopping centre features the local Bangor Newsagency, Bangor Post Office, an IGA supermarket, dry cleaners, the Bangor Tavern, a barbershop, hair salon, the ABC School Wear shop, the Bangor Bakery, and other local shops and services like medical care.
- Peter’s Chinese and Malaysian Restaurant (Bangor Shopping Centre) – Asian cuisine and a family-friendly atmosphere
- Bangor Tavern (Bangor Shopping Centre) – A local pub and bistro that serves Asian, Italian, and seafood dishes
- Gulisano & Associates (Bangor Shopping Centre) – Lawyer/legal help
- Southern Suburbs Tax and Accounting Service (Ilumba Place) – Tax & accounting
- Johnston John (Goorpool Road) – Tax preparation
- First Class Accounts – Bookkeeping
- Cee Kay Graphics (Torumba Cl) – Print shop
- Bangor Gourmet Meats (Menai Road) – Butcher shop
- Outdrive Marine (Biami Cl) – Boat repair
- BaptistCare Warena Centre – A nursing home
- SmartCare – Nursing agency
Work commuters that don’t drive have access to public transport via Transdev NSW buses that connect to Menai, Alfords Point, Illawong, Bankstown, and other neighbouring suburbs. Bangor is home to the a family-friendly cycle path that links to the Sydney cycle way that cyclists love to ride.
If you would like to purchase a building inspection or swimming pool inspection for your property in Bangor, please call 1300 883 806.