Caringbah is named for the Aboriginal word for the pardemelon wallaby and was once also known as Highfield. Caringbah, a southern Sydney suburb, is located 24 kilometres from Sydney’s CBD, therefore many residents commute to the city for work and live in this lovely suburb that is bordered by the St. Georges River.
Caringbah is a hub of the Sutherland Shire with many of the main roads intersecting here. Public transport includes the Caringbah railway station where the Sydney Trains network runs, and the Transdev and Sydney buses.
Caringbah is a nice mix of residential, commercial, and industrial developments where some freestanding houses, semi-detached homes, townhouses, units, and waterfront apartments stand amongst the commercial and industrial sectors.
What will you find inside Caringbah?
- The only local park is the Glenn McGrath Oval, which is a cricket and sports oval/field.
Caringbah covers almost all educational levels and needs.
- Caringbah High School – A selective high school with co-educational facilities
- Caringbah North Public School – Education for Kindergarten to Year 6
- Our Lady of Fatima School – Catholic school
- Taren Point Swim School – Swimming school
- Little Shepherd PRE School Kindergarten
- De La Salle College Caringbah
Caringbah is home to a diverse faith culture.
- Caringbah Baptist Church
- St Phil’s Anglican Church Caringbah
- Caringbah Presbyterian Church
- Our Lady of Fatima Parish Caringbah
- Caringbah Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Kingsway Community Church
- Eastcoast Church
- Church of the Spirit, Love and Light
The main shopping precinct is at the Caringbah Shopping Village on President Avenue where there’s a little bit of everything for the discerning shopper.
- BWS (Beer Wine Spirits)
- Best Fresh Grocer & Gourmet Deli
- Flight Centre
- Caringbah Village Pharmacy
- Bakers Delight
- Michael’s Finest Meats
- Michel’s Patisserie
- Go Vita Health Shop
- The Village News
- Studio Boutique
- Donut King
- Caringbah Fish Market
- Cuts & Colours
- Flamecoal Chicken
Caringbah is full of restaurants with diverse cuisine offerings.
- Churrasco – Brazilian cuisine
- Lively Catch – Seafood
- Chilli Blossom – Thai cuisine
- Bistro32 – French cuisine
- Thai Bay – Thai cuisine
- Langkawi Restaurant – Malaysian cuisine
- Spice Boys – Indian cuisine
- Mumtaz Mahal – Indian cuisine
- Caringbah Japanese Dining – Japanese cuisine
- Ugly Pizza – Pizzeria
- Amigos – Mexican cuisine
The proximity to the beach and Sydney’s central business district make Caringbah a popular place to live.
If you would like to purchase a building inspection or swimming pool inspection for your property in Caringbah, please call 1300 883 806.