Caringbah South, a southern Sydney suburb, was declared a separate suburb from Caringbah in 2008 and is situated about 25 kilometres south of Sydney’s central business district. It is popular among professionals who work in Sydney, but who prefer not to live in around the hustle of the city.
Caringbah South is bordered on three sides by the waters of Port Hacking, which makes it a beach community with naturally beautiful scenery. The dwellings in this suburb include mostly separate houses, semi-detached houses, terrace homes, and townhouses, but there are some units, flats, and apartments available.
Inside this trendy suburb you will find parks, local and chain shops, good schools, places of worship, and local cafes and restaurants.
- Kareena Park – This park features open green spaces, green foliage, flowers, Camelia Gardens, wildlife, barbeque facilities, a gazebo, and a large waterfront area.
- John Dwyer Park – Sitting on Oleander Parade, this park is spacious, clean, and features a sports oval, and jogging and walking paths.
- Wattlebird Bushland Reserve – Rawson Parade is home to the Wattlebird Bushland Reserve, a community park/reserve situated between local homes. This internal reserve is considered a ‘pocket park’ that is secluded and offers walking pathways from the street.
- Caringbah South PreSchool – This pre-school caters to children aged 3 to 5.
- Little Shepherd PreSchool Kindergarten – Little Shepherd Pre-School is on Northcote Avenue and provides early education and school readiness for children from 3 to 5.
- Lilli Pilli Kindy – This small and friendly school provides early education for local children.
- Tiny Tots Academy – This is a child care centre for toddlers to preschool children.
- Laguna Street Public School – Children from Kindergarten to Year 6 are provided with activities and education that concentrates on their learning.
- Groove Nation – School Dance Programs – This is a diverse dance school that provides a wide range of programs for local schools and afterschool activities.
- Lilli Pilli Patisserie Cafe – Port Hacking Road is where you’ll find this sweet treat of a patisserie cafe. The locals say they offer friendly service, good coffee, and fantastic food.
- The Teahouse Camellia Gardens – If you stroll through Kareena Park, you will find this quaint, outdoor dining spot that offers brunch, lunch, and high tea.
- Port Hacking Seafood – This local seafood restaurant is a favorite spot for battered fish, beef burgers, and chicken dishes in large portions.
- Perfecto – This pizzeria offers reasonable prices for delicious pizza, meals, and beverages.
Other than the small IGA Lilli Pilli supermarket, Caringbah South is home to a small commercial area of locally owned shops and services.
The Uniting Church in Australia Caringbah is the only local church in Caringbah South, but there are several other places of worship in the nearby suburbs.
If you would like to purchase a building inspection or swimming pool inspection for your property in Caringbah South, please call 1300 883 806.