Killarney Heights, a peninsular suburb, could just be one of Sydney’s hidden gems. During peak hours, it’s only around a 25-minute bus ride into the CBD. Considering that it is also only a short drive to Chatswood and the Northern Beaches, it’s surprising how few people know about this charming suburb with a lively, yet quiet lifestyle, excellent schools, and and a cafe and restaurant culture the locals love.
Killarney Heights is a hub of sports fields, parks and reserves, and activities.
- Killarney Heights Oval – This oval is part of the Rugby Union and features football facilities, sports amenities, and sports field lighting. It also has areas for picnicking and a children’s playground.
- Finian Reserve – This reserve is a pretty neighbourhood park, complete with benches for sitting, a basketball hoop, and shaded areas.
- My Kids Art Studio – Guests can enjoy creating their own artwork here and they get to take it home.
- Killarney Heights Yoga Studio – Local mums enjoy the yoga classes to relax and re-energise at this yoga studio.
There are two schools in Killarney Heights that cater to the local children and their education.
- Killarney Heights Public School – Children between Kindergarten and Year 6 can learn English, French, and Mandarin in addition to innovative educational studies.
- Killarney Heights High School – This school caters to the Grade 7 to Grade 12 children of Killarney Heights. They offer interactive technology, specialty classes, and a classes for children who love the arts, drama, music, or sports and fitness.
The big chain eateries may be in the surrounding suburbs and the CBD, but Killarney Heights has its own trendy, locally-owned eateries the locals love.
- Talking Heads Café – The locals love this cafe for its friendly and family-oriented atmosphere and playground that offers kids’ activities. It’s a bit off the beaten path, but that adds to its charm and appeal.
- Fuji Japanese Bakery – If you like freshly baked breads, buns, cakes, and confections, this is the place to go.
- House of Fruit & Salads – This fruit and vegetable convenience store is popular with the locals and is a go-to hotspot for local produce.
- Sorrenti’s Pizzeria – This friendly local pizza place in Killarney Heights provides great pizza with fast and friendly service.
- Yu Wok In – This smartly-named local Chinese restaurant provides locals with take-away and in-house dining.
If you would like to live in a small, close-knit community with virtually no crime that is nearby the CBD, shopping, and beaches, Killarney Heights is that kind of suburb.
If you would like to purchase a building inspection or swimming pool inspection for your property in Killarney Heights, please call 1300 883 806.