Taren Point is a lovely, leafy, waterside peninsula suburb in Southern Sydney, located about 20 kilometres south of Sydney’s central business district. There is a blend of industrial, commercial, and residential precincts across this popular suburb.
Taren Point has small to large homes, semi-detached homes, and flats some with swimming pools. Some homes are older, but there are a few newer developments around the suburb.
As you might have guessed, Taren Point, being a waterside suburb is a boating culture. Boat dealers, boat repair, marine supplies, fishing and camping stores, boat storage, and boat builders make up a large portion of the commercial and industrial sectors of this prestigious Sydney suburb.
Gwawley Park (Taren Point Road) is a clean sports field and park with public restrooms where the locals enjoy sports games and outdoor activities.
Taren Point Shorebird Reserve (Woodlands Road) is a beautiful reserve deemed a habitat for migratory shorebirds. The locals use this lovely reserve for birdwatching, cycling, and walking.
Taren Point Public School (Woodlands Road) is dedicated to taking great care in providing a quality educational environment for the local children of Taren Point between Kindergarten and Year 6.
The primary shopping precinct for Taren Point is on Taren Point Road. It includes shops like these.
- Baby Bunting – Baby store
- Stevie & Me – Children’s clothing
- Home & Gift Warehouse – Retail home goods
- The Stainless Shop – Steel distributor
- Drummond Golf – Sporting goods
- Taren Point Officeworks – Office Supplies
- Super Amart – Furniture
- Coles Express – Supermarket/Convenience
- Alexander’s Cafe (Alexander Avenue) – Australian cuisine
- Taren Point Bowling Club (Holt Road) – Continental and Asian cuisines
- Oporto (Taren Point Road & Koonya Circuit) – Fast food
Taren Point is fast becoming a growth suburb with several shops and developments in the planning stage. While it’s already popular with the locals and tourists who enjoy fishing and water activities, it will draw new residents in the coming years.
If you would like to purchase a building inspection or swimming pool inspection for your property in Taren Point, please call 1300 883 806.