Holsworthy is most known for the Holsworthy Barracks, a large Australian Army reserve where they perform frequent training exercises. However, this suburb has its residential area along the northern side of the railway station where you will find Anzac Village, Mornington, and a small shopping centre. Wattle Grove, a neighboring suburb features easy access shopping at the Wattle Grove Plaza that features a Coles supermarket.
Proximity to Sydney’s CBD is one of the most attractive aspects of Holsworthy. This peaceful suburb makes it ideal for people who want to work in the city without taking up residence there.
- Remount Park – A quiet, lovely memorial park on Light Horse Parade where people can enjoy a short walk with or without their dog. The pathway features plaques that memorialise the Light Horsemen. The park also features a life-sized horse and human statue that commemorates the memory of the Australian Light Horse.
- Edmondson Memorial Park – This park features a rotunda and a memorial plaque dedicated to the memory of Corporal John Hurst Edmondson V.C. Their is a small child’s playground, a gazebo, and open grassy and shaded space here.
- First Grammar Holsworthy/Wattle Grove – This is a highly-rated child care centre on Derna Road that serves the Holsworthy and Wattle Grove parents and children with activities and early education for ages 2 to 6.
- Holsworthy Early Education and Care Centre – Residents of Holsworthy with children between 2 and 6 can count on this school to provide early education and activities for their children.
- Anzac Village Preschool – This pre-school is on Chauvel Avenue and caters to the educational and school readiness of local Holsworthy children between the ages of 3 and 5.
- Learn & Play Pre-School – Catering to children between 3 and 6 years old, this pre-school provides school readiness on Bardia Parade.
- Holsworthy Pre-School – This pre-school that sits along Light Horse Parade is dedicated to providing caring and nurturing educational and school readiness programs.
- Holsworthy Public School – 36 Infantry Parade is home to this public school where children between Kindergarten to Year 6 receive an innovative and dynamic education.
- Holsworthy High School – This high school is on Huon Cres and provides a friendly, yet firm environment that promotes responsibility and encourages and empowers students to achieve their best.
- Octave8 Music Academy Pty Ltd – Children who are musically inclined or are interested in learning about music will like this music school on Heathcost Road.
The locals of Holsworthy enjoy easy access to public transport, a safe and quiet environment, nearness to shopping, great schools, places of worship, and amenities that keep them happy. There is a nice mix of retirees, families with children, and working professionals.
If you would like to purchase a building inspection or swimming pool inspection for your property in Holsworthy, please call 1300 883 806.